Congress Shall Make No Laws Exempting Themselves, Or The Executive or Judicial Branches
There should be no U.S. law from which ANY person working for the U.S. (or any foreign) Government should be exempt. Back in 2011 the Congressional Reform Act was proposed. It failed in committee, but it needs to be passed now.
Here is the proposed law I am asking you to sponsor and vote in favor of:
1. Term Limits.A. Two Six-year Senate terms and B. Six Two-year House terms
2. No Tenure / No Pension. Our Founding Fathers never intended career politicians.A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
3. All branches of government employees participate in Social Security.All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately and all future funds come from the Social Security system, as they do so with the American people.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws and can only be spared an indictment while in office, as per The Constitution.
7). Each federal elected official shall not lobby the agencies where they worked (even if the name changes or sub-agencies are created or named) for five years after they leave office. They are also not permitted to perform “lobbying activities
,” or anything that would help other lobbyists.
8). Each guilty plea will result in a minimum $500,000 fine or 3 years in prison, or both for each count.
Click the image below and tell your Congressmen both to sponsor AND vote in favor of this law.